Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Fav. Author has a NEW book out and I Can't Put It Down



Diana Gabaldon,
the Outlander novels,
and An Echo in the Bone

An Echo in the Bone is the seventh novel in the wildly popular, NYT #1 bestselling, internationally award-winning Outlander series—described by Salon.com as "the smartest historical sci-fi adventure-romance ever written by a science Ph.D. with a background in scripting Scrooge McDuck comic books."

The striking thing on the cover is a caltrop (and not, as one wit suggested to me, a Celtic chicken-foot).

You see that the caltrop has four tines? Well, there are four storylines in this book, past and future, welded together by the heat of the American Revolution—and every one of 'em has a sharp point.


I love these books and was surprised when Hubby brought it home for me, this is her 7th in the series and I have all of them now. This Winter when we are snowed in I'll re-read them but for now I've got my nose buried in this one.

Have any of you read any of these? What do you think of them?

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I just discovered this author last week when I got my Barnes and Noble newsletter and saw an add for her new book. Thankfully it was pay week and I picked up the first three will have to try and pick up the other four next payday! I have yet to sit down and really have a chance to read. I couldn't believe how thick they were. :D

Happy reading,
Debbie

Never So Simple said...

All of you readers make me want to go check out a good book. :)

Donna

Richard Graves said...

Wish we could have gotten to the book signing like we did for the last one.. Did you ever post the pic of you and the author together at the event?

Lakeville Vertical said...

Just got your comment on my site. Thanks for leaving a note and so good to connect with someone that has the same love as me. :)
I've been trying to slowly read this book. Although it's almost torture because I love to devour her books. So, this weekend I said I'm just reading away. I'm up to the point where Ian Murray has died. Cried my eyeballs out. I'm so close to the end and I don't want it to end!! I've heard the ending is quite the cliff hanger and it will probably drive me crazy waiting for the final book. I read an excerpt (spoiler) a few months back and it hasn't happened yet so I'm thinking that it is toward the end and it could quite be a cliff hanger definitely. I'll let you know when I'm finished and we can mourn the ending of yet another great book together. :) Have a great week. Nice to "meet" you.