Sunday, March 4, 2012

Yankee Candle! The First in About 3 Years!

Today was a Wonderful day! The best that we have had in quite some time. We drove to Mount Dora and let the kids play on the huge playground there and then walked to the lake's edge and even saw a rare sighting of a Bold Eagle flying right over our heads, swirling in the high winds.

Then we drove to grab some lunch at the Sanford Mall, it was good but not as great as we remembered it. 

As a total surprise to me Husband let me pick out my first Yankee Candle in about 3 years! After about 1/2 hour of all 5 of us sniffing the jars we picked "Sweet Strawberries". I lite it as soon as we arrived home, it gives off a wonderful scent throw that I even smelled upstairs while folding laundry, A plus in my book since this house is huge! I gave it a good time to form a nice wax pool so hopefully it will burn evenly from now on.

I haven't bought a Yankee Candle in forever so I was surprised at how many more scents there are on the shelves now but was not happy that the price had gone up so much. We love that they are made in the USA though!

What is your favorite Yankee Candle scent? Do you change your scents month to month or by seasons?

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hubby and I were out an about and I'd wanted to stop at Yankee but in the end we didn't. The store by us is an outlet, so there is always something cheap but we don't always have the new or current scents to choose from.

Last time we were there I'd spotted some 3-wick candles in bowls. I really want to try those. Two of my YouTubers have given glowing reviews.

I don't really have a favorite Yankee scent, buy my preferences in general are bakery scents.

~Deb