Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Health Issues and Depressed Ramblings of my Tuesday


Well today was a very good day, I posted my 3 years of Country Samplers on my local CraigsList for $20.00 and a local lady came today and got them and she wanted to take my 2009 MaryJanes Farmgirl magazines off my hands too for 10.00 so today I made $30.00. Think I'll do this every year.

Richard is very sick again, not sure if I've told any of you but he has severe IBS and it's getting worse over the years, he came home yesterday around 2 and stayed in bed all afternoon/night. It's like he is disabled it's getting so bad, when it hits real bad he gets dehaydrated and has to go to the ER for fluid. We are hoping he can keep this job but with the 2 hour drive to work and home sometimes he has to stop and find a bathroom just to make it the rest of the way. I've told him to look into getting disability but it takes so long to even try to get approved and boy you have to jump thru hoops to get approved. I'm worried about paying the bills and keeping the house and he is getting very depressed. Wow, sorry but I had to get that off my chest, we try to talk to family about his health problems but they have heard it all so much that we think they are thinking that we are making it all up or sound more than what it is but I tell ya...It's hard to see your loved one not be able to do a thing for fear of not finding a bathroom in time or have stomaches all day long....

so yeah I got excited over an extra $30.00 today, I'm gonna run to Aldi and buy meat to put in the freezer...guess I worry to much right now!

It's freezing and snowing again. There was no school today but I'm not sure why, the kids certainly have gone to school in this weather before. I've done 3 loads of laundry and loaded the dishwasher and clipped coupons from a couple of magazines before passing them on to my mom that takes them to her Church.

For dinner tonight I made Green Beans/Ham soup and I threw in some chopped potatoes. Richard and I like it but the kids fight me on eating it...have to fix Richard a seperate dinner tonight of fish and rice..bland diet so his  stomach will settle.


I'm just being painfully truthful right now, I try to stay positive but this week as been very trying and we are all getting rather depressed.

To make some extra money and declutter I'm slowly going thru our extras around here and posting what I can on CrasigsList, already have an e-mail about a lawn mower I posted 3 hours ago. That is a good thing!

I'm off to relax and read some of the new Amish book I need to review. What do you do to Relax in times of great stress and worry?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather, I am so sorry to hear your husband has troubles..My husband has alot of tummy problems..He knows where every bathroom is in our city..My new daughter in law has tummy problems and has discovered by eating gluten free foods that it helps her immensely...I have started the same thing here in our family...Less pasta stuff and less bread stuff..I do make sandwihces for Russ for his lunches...but that's all the bread he has..More veggies and fruits for our family and it is healthier...If you want to email me I could write more to you...My email is in my profile..I know it is very hard. Just know I care..Lisa

Kimberly said...

Hi Heather, my mom has struggled with ibs over the years and it's tough! She's also diabetic so it's interesting at times. I'll be praying for your family!

Just a while ago my dad stopped in and we were talking about possibly moving my Grandma to the next stage of care at the home where she is a resident. She's concerned about the cost and I said to my dad a phrase that good friends of us live by... Where God Guides, He Provides. Those are such cool words! If your hubby has to look for another job then trust that it's for the best and know that God is with your family!

Take care, Kimberly

Janene said...

I can certainly understand why you are feeling down...it doesn't help when there is no sun to perk up your spirits.
Blogging is a great way to vent feelings that you would normally keep bottled up inside. It is such a great therapy!
I did it yesterday on my post, and let me tell you, it really cleared my head and I felt so much better writing out my feelings. It really puts things in perspective.
Hang in there and know that people are willing to listen and are praying for you!
Have a wonderful day.

Cheryl said...

Heather,
So sorry to hear about everything. My dad alwasy told me " But this to shall pass. " i always remember that.
Our family has had a rough 3 years,but we make it day to day with faith and good friends.
Venting is good for you, so let it out. Exercise and a good long talk with my friend helps me.

Kim said...

Heather, I too suffer from IBS and it is very hard to handle at times. People who do not suffer from this problem have absolutely no idea what it is like. I read your blog frequently and always enjoy it. Try to hang in there and know that you have lots of "friends" to talk to and who are thinking of you.

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Check out www.drweil.com He is a
homeopathic Dr; maybe you can find
some info. on there, that will help
your husband.

Bear Hugs~Karen

Never So Simple said...

It is very hard watching someone you love be sick. I hope he gets better and things get better. You are not alone we are all here for you.

Donna

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Heather,

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's problem...that does sound miserable! Bless his heart! I will pray for him! Not only that I can understand how hard it is for you as his wife to see him have to deal with this! Just turn it all over to God, he can handle every part of it!

A big hug to you!
Tammy