Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Are We Home or Just Visiting? House Pics Included in Your Stay!

Don't they look so Excited! This was after a full day of driving that took 2 days to get to FL.


This is our 2 story 5 bedroom new rental, I did manage to find the time to hang my Americana wreath on the front door.

This is our front formal living room..

Very huge kitchen...My Roosters have got to somehow get to the top of the cabinets...lol...

Our eating area....not much of a backyard compared to our almost 6 back in OH.

This would be the family room but it will be part sewing room for my Mom and office space for my Husband...A room with many hats!

I know it's not very pretty right now and really boring. It took me 4 years to make my Farm house comfy cozy and now we move to FL...

Any and All decorating ideas for these HUGE walls Please??!!

I'm Linking Up to Kara for her Wassup Wednesday and
Wow Us Wednesday 

7 comments:

Allyson Pecilunas said...

I just found your blog through Kara's linky party, I am now your newest follower. I look forward to reading more. Your new home looks gorgeous!! I cannot wait to see what you do with it. I am moving soon too, I know all too well it takes awhile to get things cozy and where you want them. :) Come check me out if you get a chance.

Noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

LOVE THIS! Come on ova' and link up to my Linky Party! xoxokara


*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

Melissa Miller said...

Heather it's so beautiful. I know you are enjoying decorating it. Very pretty!

Have a great week!
~Melissa :)

Marixa said...

Hi,
For your family/sewing/office room I say get some cork (tiles, roll whatever) and frame it to make a huge peg board on one wall. Or instead of cork use chalkboard paint. Something that can be useful as well as pretty would be great in this space!
Your new home is beautiful and full of potential! The great thing about moving is that you get to start with a new canvas and you are in a whole new area so your decorating can take on a whole new look and feel. Have fun!

KimMalk said...

It's been 12 yrs. since we moved from MI to FL (Tampa Bay area). If you plan to stay here long, you'll probably find you want to lighten up the colors of your furniture (I had dark plaid, too!) and not stay with your former country home look. For some reason that style seems more at home in the midwest.
As for those two-story walls, I would recommend decorating as if it were a one story. When you start putting things up too high it just looks weird--you're decorating for average sized people, not giants, after all.
Also a word to the wise, the sun will bleach out any and everything, so be careful what you place against a window. Once summer hits, the humidity ruins things quickly--so don't leave anything that isn't rustproof outside. I made the mistake of leaving a book on the lanai overnight when we first moved here and it got all wrinkly like they do when they get wet. Feel free to e-mail if you want :).

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Looks like you have a lovely space to work with! Your rooms all look so open and large and bright!! Should be so much fun decorating everything! Stopping by from Kara's party- come over and share this at my linky party Feathered Nest Friday sometime!! :)

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

FUN PROJECT!!!

Thank you for linking this up to Whassup Wednesday! Hope to see you this week at my
Par-Taaaay!

xoxokara