Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Billion Reasons Why~ A Book Review

  • Pub. Date: February 2011
  • Publisher: Nelson, Thomas, Inc.
  • Format: Paperback , 307pp
  • Sales Rank: 73,468
He's a handsome billionaire. She's not impressed.
Katie McKenna has never loved any man but one: billionaire Luc DeForges. He was her first love. But there are a billion reasons why she's engaged instead to Dexter Hastings, a solid and stable man who wants the same things she does: marriage and a family but all of the things that she wants without the deep-seeded pain and fear of being abandoned that Luc brings.
Dexter and she have worked an arrangement that's akin to faith without action, love without deeds -- a dead faith. Going home to New Orleans to sing for her childhood friend's wedding, Katie must search her heart to find out if any of her reasons for being with Dexter are stronger than love. Only when Katie steps fully into faith and jumps off the cliff of life into the arms of Luc does she understand the fullness of God's grace.

I'll be honest here, I really tried to get into this book and I read the first 50 pages of every book to see if I can get into it. I had trouble from page 1.  The story line is not to my liking. The plot is okay but it seems to follow every movie that has been made in the early 90's.  Maybe that's why I couldn't really get into this book, I've seen all the movie's and have already figured out the ending. It was an okay book but not one for my "Keep" pile.

BookSneeze sent me this book to read and review, opinions are my own.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hi Heather,
Thank you for stopping by my blog and checking out my home and for the sweet comment. I hope you have a great weekend!
Shannon