Monday, October 27, 2014

Going Gluten Free...Have You?

So Richard has been told by his DR to attempt to go Gluten Free due to health reasons. 

This has been harder than we thought. 

ALDI has their own brand of Gluten Free called "Live G Free" which has been so nice on our grocery budget. 

We are trying the Brownies and Cookies this week. The brownies were very chocolatey but a tad powdery. The Chocolate Chip cookies were so tasty, Richard liked them more than the Brownies, hence why there isn't a picture of them!

Do you eat Gluten Free? If so, What are some of your favorite items in the Grocery store?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My daughter in law is gluten free....the pastas are really good...I made her homemade mac and cheese gluten free...it is really good...use the rice flour to make it... My husband and I are starting to be gluten free... there are a lot of cook books out there to...She loves stuffed potatoes....we don't eat sweets as I am diabetic... so I stay away from the cookies and brownies...You can make the trail mix without the wheat cereal and it is just as good... Sam's club sells crackers that are gluten free that are out of this world..Sam's club has tortilla chips that are gluten free...Pizza places have gluten free pizza's to... Hope this helps, Lisa

Krystal Chiarolla said...

Our daughter has gluten allergies so I'm always looking for new ideas. I'm a huge can of coconut sugar to help add some flavor back into recipes that are a tad bland due to the GF.

olkowskiscanlon said...

Good luck going Gluten Free! I've heard that a gluten free diet is good for most of us. The Wheat Belly by Dr. Davis is suppose to be fantastic too.

Princessnorm said...

We don't eat gluten free but we are vegan... there's always a challenge and a learning phase but you'll find your happy medium soon enough :) Good luck on this journey!

Laura Noelle said...

I have wanted to go gluten free for some time, but its difficult on a limited budget and when cooking for picky family members. I've tried to work on little things--for awhile Safeway had a brand of gluten free pasta (not sure if they have it anymore), but that was a nice change. I am a carb-a-holic and love my bread, so switching that over will be the most costly item!