Monday, December 1, 2008

Job Woe's Bring Changes



This is worth fighting for! This is our mini ranch farmhouse, we took this pic after moving in 1 1/2 years ago. This is our second Christmas here. Many of you know that DH has been laid off Nov. 5th and is still looking for work. Today he is leaving for Louisville Kentucky for a Tues. interview. It's looking like they really want him and we will know more tomorrow after his interview. I should be very happy but I'm not and here's why...He will have to get an extended stay or small short term lease on an apartment, this is a 6 month contract and it's 3 1/2 hours away from here..He will be able to come home on the weekends but Mon-Fri I'm Mommy and Daddy! We have bills to pay, mortgage and ect..I'm NOT losing my house..everything else can go..I can go back to no truck easily. I understand that Military wives are without their spouses for a long time and I'm not slighting this at all but I'm not a Military wife and have never been without DH for such a long period of time before except for short business trips. With the 3 kids-2 in school, 3 dogs, and still Hoss..It's not like we can easily follow DH and sell our house. No one is buying houses in this economy. We are waiting till after Tues. to make a decision on Hoss..We might have to sell him..I can't be out in the barn in the dead of Winter and chance falling/slipping trying to take care of him and have just the kids in the house..We are saddened that it has come to this, He is a lovely old man. We have already informed Pipen's owner that she has to move her horse.

SO it's December 1st and we are facing some major changes here. We have already decorated the house for Christmas and I made sure to play enough Christmas music to cheer us up! Crystal is the oldest so she understands what we have told her but is still very nervous/scared..the other 2 are too young to grasp it.

I'll post decorating pics tomorrow, I wanted to update since you've all been so kind to ask and please keep us in you thoughts/prayers.

9 comments:

JenW!~ said...

So Sorry to hear about your situation. My Dh is temporarily laid off this week but goes back to work for two weeks on the 8th. I am still looking forward to meeting with you. I do hope we get to meet soon. BTW I have an award for you.

Anonymous said...

Hope all works out for the best. This economy is so tough. Maybe if this jobs come through you can make the best if it for awhile and then maybe something else will come along closer to home. Will keep you in my prayers, Janie

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Sorry to hear about the tough job market. I am always worried if my husband loses his job, where will he look??? I hope his interview goes well. Maybe this can be temporarely and then when the market picks back up (???) then he can find something closer to home. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Heather - I am so sorry it has come to this. My DH always traveled and it is one reason we stopped at 2 kids and had no large pets. It is hard to do it all. I pray that something else will come along in time so that he can be close to home again. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Anonymous said...

I pray that all goes well and everything works out. A friend of mine just sold their horse. I know it was hard for them. Looking forward to Christmas decor pictures

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Heather, bless your hearts! I am praying for y'all and hoping that everything turns out great for y'all. Hang onto your faith and know that there are many of us out here praying along with you.

Janene said...

Your home looks wonderful, I can see why you want to fight for it!
I hope that things will work out another way for you and your faimily.
You are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Stay strong!

Catherine said...

I am new to your blog and very glad that I stopped by. I pray that all goes well with your husbands job interview.

Best Regards,
Cathy

~Niki~ said...

So sorry to hear bout this situation. My dh has changed schedules because of all of this junk going on. I cannot find a 2nd job for the life of me! Your home is beautiful. I sure hope things work out for you. hugs from az. niki