Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spice Tower Clean-Up and Decorating for Spring

 
This is a cute french country spice tower the my MIL found somewhere and has been sitting down in my basement for about 2 years now, I can't remember why it was sitting down there or what I had planned for it but today was the day for the clean-up! See the dust and very OLD STALE spices? YUCK!!! After soaking for awhile and washing and peeling the old labels off  It now sits on my counter looking so much better! I'm not sure if we will keep this cutie or I'll sell it, It's missing one bottle.

I'm so tired of snow and cold temps and today is the 7th day the kids are home, the girls went to school Monday the 8th then the snow moved in and we are under a level 2 snow emergency and it's deep outside!  I spent the morning setting up this cute vignette on my buffett. It reminds me that even if it's cold and we are stuck at home Sunny/Warmer days are on the way!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

((HUGS)) I just went to Goodwill and brought home a country type 8 inch bunny! I am so tired of the snow to..My kids are all grown and they loved snow days..This is a very unusual winter..Hopefully we have a nice summer where it is warm enough for the veggies to grow but not to hot that we have to have the AC on ...Your spice tower is very cute.. I love bringing out things from the basement and trying to figure out what you were going to do with it..We are downsizing alot. Have a great day.Lisa

Kimberly said...

Oh Heather, I won't tell you that we're on the brink of Spring and the flip flops have been calling! I was in capris on Tuesday... nice for me but not so great for the Olympics! (I'm about an hour from Vancouver.)

Great job with the coupons...!