Friday, February 21, 2014

Starter House


In the vein of Heart-Shaped Box and The Thirteenth Tale, Starter House is a haunting and skillfully told debut novel about a newlywed couple and their first home-a home that seems to be haunted by a very malicious ghost


Lacey Miszlak grew up homeless; her crazy mother dragged her from one terrible living situation to the next. But now she thinks the pieces of her life have finally come together. She's pregnant with her first child and she and her husband Eric have moved into the home of their dreams. She knows soon its beautiful sunlit rooms will be filled with the joy of the new family she will build there.


But there's a strange darkness on the stairway and an odd little boy who won't leave Lacey alone and soon she's forced to realize that a danger she never suspected is lurking in the hallways of her beautiful new home. She's going to have to solve a decades-old mystery to save her family from an evil that has lingered in wait for them for years.

~I was very excited when I saw this book and brought it home to read late into the night since I gobble up every haunted house story line that I can find.

I am sad to say that I was a little dismayed at how weak the main character Lacey is. I kept wanting to yell at her for not telling her Husband about most events going on in the house that she was keeping from him.

Even though it didn't keep me reading with chills late into the night, as a light Ghost story it was acceptable and my Daughter is reading it now.~

Have you seen/read any new Horror books?



No comments: