Monday, February 24, 2014

~~Happy Homemaker Monday 2-24-14~~

I thought I would try something new this morning while tank lays on the couch. We just got back from the DR's, he has an ear infection and has to stay home for 2 days on meds. Poor guy is running a fever and watching G.I. Joe on Netflixs.



As I look outside my window:::
I am sitting here at our kitchen table looking out the sliding doors and watching about 25-35 robins playing in our backyard, they just appeared this weekend. I'm listening to my wind-chime and thinking I need to replace it since it broke in the storm this past weekend.

Right now I am::: 
drinking my Skinny Salted Caramel coffee from 7-11 that I got while gassing up to take Tank to the DR's this morning.

Thinking and pondering:::
I'm thinking about how our 3 kids are doing in school right now and what we can do to make it easier on them, we are stumped as to why this year is so hard for our oldest Crystal. Poor girl is struggling so much, I'm calling around for Tutors later today.

On my bedside table:::
I'm reading the Book Thief and have really begun to enjoy it, it was slow to me in the beginning.
2 random magazines that came in the mail on Saturday.

On my tv tonight:::
I really haven't watched anything here in the past few days other that Youtube, my little obsession as of late.

Listening to:::
The sounds of G.I Joe in the living room, brings back memories of when I'd watch it before school when I was little.

On the menu for this week:::
We are having pork tenderloin tonight with mixed veggies but so far that is all I have decided on, I'm in a cooking slump.

On my to do list:::
Pick up Tanks meds
take Abby to Tutoring after school
pick up Crystal from school late
call about Abby's braces

Happening this week:::
Lots of laundry and making sure Tank is feeling better enough to go back to school on Wed.
Take car in so they can put my trunk handle back on tight.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Sadly I haven't stitched anything in a very long time, life has just gotten away from us in a bad way. I need to work on this.

My simple pleasure:::
Grabbing my first cup of coffee out of my new Keurig, I love this Keurig!!

Lesson learned the past week::: 
No matter how bad we think we have it at this moment, our worst moments may be someones else's good days.

Looking around the house:::
I see a huge mess that I need to work on around my little boy with an earache today. With 2 of Crystal's friends staying all weekend with us my house is a mess.

From the camera:::
nothing as of yet

Prayer List:::
My Husband as he tries to deal with the stress of work
Crystal as she battles 8th grade, her grades are so bad


No comments: