Monday, May 5, 2008

My Crafty Weekend



On Sunday I went with my Mother to visit the Cincinnati Art Museum to see the new exhibition, Masterpiece Quilts from the Shelburne Museum, You can read the info about it here http://www.cincinnatiartmuseum.org/absolutenm/templates/ArtTempExhibitions.aspx?articleid=603&zoneid=65

It was amazing to see the workmanship on these quilts, the colors were so vibrant still! Afterwards my mother and I visited the quilt giftshop and I found this treasure waiting for me,
Ohio Is My Dwelling Place: Schoolgirl Embroideries, 1800-1850 by Sue Studebaker.

I'm very excited to read this and I enjoyed looking and learning about all of the quilts and the people that made them!

2 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

what a gorgeous quilt.
thanks so much for joining in the blog a thon.it ends tomorrow and I'll draw a name on May 8th for a surprise farm girl package.
thanks again.

JenW!~ said...

Wow what a quilt. I love looking at old quilts. Thanks for sharing it.