Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

Today is a hot humid cloudy day...and for some reason the power went out this morning and just now cam back on...Horrible when our power goes out cuse we are on a well and no power, no water! I'll make this short incase the power goes out again...LOL..

I'm finished with the trunk on the Willow tree and now I'm busy working on the leaves..It's taking me a long time for the leaves...I hope to work on it and have it finished by Friday..I have plans on staining it and turning it into a pillow and adding it to my Etsy shop! I'm loving the details, I was nervouse about starting this because of all of the details but I'm finding it relaxing!
My mom dropped a box of books off...I have read all of these and I'm going to go thru them and put some aside for my Future bookstore..I'm going to offer some on here but if you see one you want (if you can see..LOL..) just let me know. I'm working on these today because the box is sitting in my bedroom and blocking the doorway!

Enjoy your Wed. !

10 comments:

simple~needs said...

love the stitchery!! great job!!
i think they are so relaxing because you have to concentrate on the stitches.,,, no other thoughts to worry about. ;)

Leslie said...

Your stitchery is coming along nicely! I like willow trees but like you said, those leaves are time consuming, even when I paint them.

Have a great rest of the day!

KATHY OF SWEETHOME GARDENS said...

your doing a great job stitching the willow tree...

Anonymous said...

That pillow is so pretty!

JenW!~ said...

The stitchery looks great. I can't wait to see it finished.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love the willow tree stitchery! I might just have to have that one!

Do I need to do anything through Etsy yet for my mom's pillow, Heather?

Thanks!
Tammy

Back in the Day said...

I love the stitchery! I seen you on the Country Sampler forum and checked out your blog! I am adding it to my faves! Be sure to post pics of your fall decorating when you get time!

~Nicole~

Tammy said...

The stitchery is coming along great. Cant wait to see it finished. I dont do much stitchin', I dont have the patience for it or something, I just dont know.

Hope you get it finished today. It looks great so far.

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Hi Heather!!

This stitchery is awesome! Its going to look great as a pillow. Let me know when youre finished, my kitchen wallpaper has willow trees on it and this would make the perfect accent pillow on a little bench I have.

My Artful Heart said...

I love your little willow tree stitchery....I really like the look of the "freehand" looking stuff...I am inspired by you and Mary Jane Butters to get started in doing more needlework!