Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hoss and Apples Plus Peach Recipes

Boy We are all sluggish here today, early this morning at 4:33 there was a nasty thunderstorm, kids woke up and was able to get back to sleep afterwards but I was unable to until 6 am, then 9 am came and I'm still sipping on coffee..LOL..

My mom brought over some Peaches from her tree, I was wondering if ya'll could share your recipes/ideas for Peaches here...I don't think that there is enough for canning perserves but maybe a simple cobbler...


YUMMO!!
Here is our burn pile for this weekend, I'm almost afraid to burn it...very tall and LOTS of trees in there!
Okay Had to share this..see that apple tree in the background? When we put the fence in we just thought it was a tree...no apples last year cuse of the drought...this year..WOW! SO every day there seems to be less and less...this morning I caught them in the act!! Thank goodness we have 4 in our yard!! I can't wait for apple pie...Again YUMMO!!

It's still cloudy and breezy here this afternoon...Enjoy the rest of your Tues!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

wow, it really lookes beauitful there

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

So neat to have apple trees! We have a nice pear tree that normally produces really good every other year.

By the way, you have been tagged! See my blod for details! LOL!

Leslie said...

Heather,
My Gram's Berry Cobbler recipe that I posted last month works for peaches, too. Gram would make the berry until they ran out and then start in on the peaches. :)

Berry Cobbler

1/4 c. soft butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. flour, sifted
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk

Beat until smooth, pour into 2 qt casserole dish (8X8 pan-double recipe for 9X13). spread on fruit. Sprinkle on 1/2 c sugar and 1 c. juice from the fruit or water. Bake @ 375° for 45 mins.

simple~needs said...

great pics!!

i slice peaches( enough to cover bottom of a 9x13 cake pan).
mix them with sugar to desired sweetness.
por into a cake pan, sprinkle with a yellow DRY cake mix( any brand). melt one stick of butter or margarine, pour over cake mix, bake till golden brown .
we love it with ice cream, nmy dad eats his with milk. its so good and easy!!

My Artful Heart said...

Nice peaches....very nice landscape too.

I am tagging you...he-he-he :) Come on over to play along!