Friday, August 1, 2008

~What are These?~

So a Farmer I'm not..LOL...I have been watching these grow on the fence line...I didn't plant them, some bird must have dropped a seed there...

Looks slightly green on one side but the rest is a nice orange. They are pretty big.
Still more flowers and I saw a baby sprout!
It's a rather happy plant on this fence.

If we can eat it, how'd we do that.. chop it up?

I have so much to learn living out here...LOL...

Have a Grand Weekend Ya'll!! We will be sitting inside watching movies and crafting, have to keep DH off of his knee.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Well, I would say it's some kind of squash!!! Which type, I can't help you with! LOL

Have a great weekend :)

Cottage Rose said...

It looks like a squash that was mixed with another kind. They do that.But then I looks kind of like a gourd, and you don't eat those. I guess I am not much help. lol:} sorry about that. have a great weekend.

Hugs
Alaura

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Heather,

My mom and friend are sitting here with me and they both said they look like some sort of gourd...people make purple martin bird houses out of them!

I replied to you about the pillow for my mom on Etsy...did you get it?

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Tammy said...

I was gonna say squash, or gourds. Im not sure. Looks more like a gourd to me.

JenW!~ said...

Does look alot like a gourd. But then again to could be a sqash. I don't know all that much about growing veggies.

FrumsGlass said...

A fun gift from nature. I know that all squash are gourds, but not all gourds are squash. I'd guess it is an ornamental gourd. Good luck figuring out which it is.