Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Sad Sewing Corner

I have noticed that some of you ladies have Fab. looking sewing ROOMS with plenty of storage and COLOR!! I'm full of sewing room envy! My little sewing corner is in my basement, I have no storage except one cabinet and the color is bland puke green...no wonder I have no desire to start a quilt..it's depressing down here..At least with my Stitches I can take it anywhere..LOL.. Let's take a stroll thru ...NO Lets just stand and cry as we look and shake our heads...If you see or have any inspiration/thoughts PLEASE share!


My sewing machine is a White brand and has not given me any trouble so far..I like the simplicity of it..I have tons of batting/stuffing for my pillows...
DH's computer stuff keeps getting in my way...He always has spare parts around..Keyboards sticking out of boxes..SHEESH
I have my fabric in the wood cabinet there and my Etsy items in a clear box next to it. I have tried to make this corner as nice as I can...Doesn't look so nice in this pic..
Here is how it looks walking into my little corner..I even get a basement window! The walls are brick and that's why we haven't put up shelves..I'm thinking a nice yellow to brighten up the space? Maybe put this on HGTV and have someone come Fab. it up for me..LOL..

There I have shared my sad secret..LOL..My little sewing corner.

11 comments:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

LOL my craft area is in the basement too. There is no way to primp it up. I have white walls too. Eventually(many years from now) we'd like to finish it off and actually be able to sew down there. You see we only have one plug for cords and the TV and computer is plugged into it. So consider yourself lucky :-)

Mary

Katy said...

oh heather!!! What an awesome blank canvas you have to work with down there!!! I think you should totally pick a color you LOVE...and paint down there. Get some organizing bins and containers...shelves and drawers...tack up a few quilts or inspirational pics/things you love...and you could make it sooo perfect!!! :)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Sorry, Heather, I don't have a sewing corner (I don't sew), but I do have a craft corner for scrapbooking and I get it somewhat straightened up and then the cats jump up there and knock books over and it's all in disarray again! It's a struggle constantly to keep it neat and when I work up there, it's a HUGE mess. I think messes show that you're creative....at least that's what we'll say, okay?

Happy Tuesday!
Tammy

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I wish I had a basement to do something with! So count yourself lucky in that aspect!
I think you can do a lot to brighten it up, and to organize it. But that takes a little time and money. I'm sure you will get lots of great suggestions.
If you have a Big Lots in your are, you can buy storage towers for under $30.00 and get them in wood tone or white. They are pretty easy to put together and will give you a lot of storage! With small kids, you will need to anchor them to the wall though, and the hardware for this is also included. Good luck!

Nancy Jo said...

Heather,
I think I see a nice area there. Paint the walls, those concrete blocks paint up pretty easy. Make some curtains for that little window. Put up as many shelves as you can, or if you have a dresser you can bring down, or a couple of bookcases. Once its painted, hang up a big bulletin board and pictures. I don't know what you have on the floor, but maybe a braided rug . Then maybe at some point you can inclose just area .
NANCY JO

My Artful Heart said...

Paint is always a great, inexpensive solution. You do have a great space with lots of potential :) I agree with putting your sewing/framed embroidery work up on the wall as art....even some fabric with the embroidery hoops and then placed on the wall or even a small metal easel. Try a small spring rod with some type of drape over that small window.

For storage, maybe buy some of those cubbies/bins.

Good luck :)

JenW!~ said...

Hey don't feel so bad. I have a sad sewing corner too. Though it is not in the basement. I have to use a corner in my front room and it looks alot like yours with all the stuff sitting around. Maybe soon I'll show ya.

BailiwickStudio said...

How nice to have a blank canvas to work with. You could section off a corner or end of the room for yourself by positioning a table at right angles to the wall, then add paint and shelving for all your fabrics and sewing supplies. Instant color! ::Jill

Kindra-At Home With K said...

My craft room is in the basement. 2 walls are cement block just like yours. :) So I know with storage, it takes planning with those walls. Mine is white too and just waiting for some paint. I think that's a winter project for me. Oh the to-do list gets longer and longer...doesn't it?!

tushar said...

hey hi..... wat i read abt u really it touched my heart....
so u sew tat really nice

plss comment on my blog

onlymehere said...

I just have a section of my family room carved out for my sewing room. Next spring I have a son getting married and another leaving for two years so I hope to be able to take over a bedroom for a sewing room! I'll have to post mine later as I have several organizational things that are inexpensive and make life easier in a tight space. Check me out in a week or so and I'll post it! Cindy