Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lazy Thurs. Night here at the Graves


I'll def. be on the couch at 8pm when this is on..One of my favs! Any one else watch this? Who is your fav. character?

It's Thursday night and the kids asked the dreaded Q.."What's for Dinner"...so I put these together..oh so easy for this tired Mommy..

Italian Chicken Strips

Ingredients:

1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of ground red pepper
8 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
1/2 cup (1-stick) melted butter
Marinara sauce or honey mustard, for dipping
Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

In a pie plate or platter, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, thyme, basil, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper. Dip the chicken strips in the melted butter, then dredge them in the breadcrumbs mixture. Place the chicken strips in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken sticks hot with marinara sauce, or serve hot or cold with honey mustard.

3 comments:

Janene said...

Mmmm! Those sound so very yummy and quick!
Paula Deen is my favorite chef! I love her!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh this sounds good !

You asked me where I got my blue and white rooster.A friend of mine gave it to me for my birthday about 4 yrs. ago. I think she got it at TJ Maxx . Hope you can find one.Thanks for stopping by.

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Oh YUM, sounds good!!
Thanks for sharing.

Have a great weekend,
Kath