Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday~Thinking French Country Decorating


I have good bones in my kitchen, I need to bring in more French Country items and lotsa plants. I'm still thinking of going with yellow walls and blue accent pieces. Plenty of Roosters of course..lol..


This is my starting point in my bedroom, I have already found diff. lamps, after almost 2 years I still love my comforter.

These images are from the site HGTV's RMS..I'm looking for ideas today

I like this yellow dining room, one day my kitchen will be yellow!!

I saw this room on HGTV's RMS and have fallen in love..take a peek at 11044991, that's her number to look her up.

I like how all the yummy colors blend so nicely, and look my fav. Roosters.. in the living room..lol..


I love how bright this room is, adore those chair slipcovers!

Do any of you know of some decorating books or magazines for French Country, have some to share? Know of a good site that sells French Country..Please share with me!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I do love the French country look :) I think that style would really work with your roosters and the yellow and blue would be awesome! Great idea!

Have a great day!

Leslie

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Oh I think French country would be great. I love the idea of yellow walls with the blue accents and of course ROOSTERS!!!......I love prim but I love my roosters!!! Can't wait to see it completed!!~Wendy

Janene said...

I agree that the golden yellow on those walls is great!
And I was thinking the same thing about those chair covers.
I can't wait to see how you incorporate all of this into your home!

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Heather; I really love those rooms. I am a huge rooster fan myself, and love the French Country look. I belong to a book club called Homestyle Books, they have great prices and have quit a few of the books you are looking for. I hope that helps. you can check them out on their website, homestylebooks.com


Hugs;
Alaura

Happily Ever After said...

Hi Heather,

I love your red walls. My kitchen is red, well it's called cherry cobbler.

You mentioned changing to yellow and blue. I love that color combo too. Did you see the front cover of March edition of Country Sampler? The walls are yellow and the bedding is yellow/blue. I think it is gorgeous.

What makes you like Roosters? Just curious.