Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday


2 lil napkins in the making, one will say "Friends" the other "Family". I love to use these instead of paper napkins and I throw them in with my towels. I'll be stitching these while watching "18 Kids and Counting" which I DVR'd last night.


The Before, very cluttered with all the hodge-podge.


I moved all the papers and hung the rolling pin hanger on this side since my cookbooks are here, it's a lovely lil built in that was here when we moved in. I want to hang that nice yellow plate underneath the hanger but need to find the right size plate hanger for it still. My Great Aunt Hazel stitched those 2 blue towels I have hanging over my blue antique bowl and the hand held antique mixers were hers also. I do have to re-hang my calender though, my DH (I'm surprised to find out) actually pays attention to what I write on it..lol..I confused him the other day cuse he went to see it and it was gone so I'm thinking I'll tape it to the fridge to please him.


I like how this shelf looks but not sure about the sign, I think it needs to be bigger. I'm wondering if a lil stitchery would look nice underneath the shelf?

9 comments:

Never So Simple said...

Looks good. Life without clutter what is that?

Donna

Kimberly said...

Looks great Heather! Yep, a stitcherie would look great!

Leslie said...

Heather,
I would love to clean off my fridge like that...but I just keep getting more and more papers that I need to have handy.Kids bring home SOO much, don't they?

A stitchery would look cute! I have some underneath shelves, too. Anywhere I can hang stuff, I have it! LOL

For the last like year, I have wanted to stitch up a little towel to put on my oven. I know it will only take a matter of minutes but I haven't gotten to it yet. Why does that happen? Something so simple....

Have a great day!

Leslie

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

A stitchery looks good just about anywhere! I think it would look nice there!

And like you, we LIVE by our calendar! I can identify! :)

Have a great evening,
Tammy

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I have a rolling pin hanger very similar to that one! small world..
I clean my fridge off every spring and every spring, it needs it.
I agree-the sign is too small but a stitchery would be lovely there. Do a long one for above and a round one below--would be very cool....

Julie said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog--nice to meet you. I have a spot that needs uncluttering--you inspired me to get busy!! Have a great day. julie

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

are you a coupon clipper? if so go to www.pinchingyourpennies.com
go to state and you can pull up your store..I use the utah link and go to the albertsons stores as we have them here in washington and the gal puts the ad out every week..making it super simple to look at..we only buy the 4-5 starred items as they are the best deals and you some will send you a link to get a coupon..which you can print twice from each computer in your household..anyway thanks for stopping by and saying hi on my blog...:)
Gina :)

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

I agree with "wredge"...life without clutter.....yeah, what is that? LOL I think a stitchery would look good under the shelf. Husbands are funny huh. The thing you think is 100% safe to move or do away with is the thing they will misss first! (smiling here)♥

JenW!~ said...

Looks pretty good.