Friday, January 2, 2009

My House is Looking So Bare





My first post of 2009! I'm going to concentrate on Decorating and decluttering this month.

Yesterday i took all the Christmas down and last night the house looked so bare! I need ideas!

Under the flag shelf and pics I'd love to find a long sofa table or Hallway table to put there with some sort of light.

My bay window gives me great decorating pains...lol..What should I put here other than the kids painted pics..lol..

My buffet top is now a place where Horses meet..lol..

I hear a shopping trip coming!!

6 comments:

boobunny said...

ohh I love your home! ok I would put a nice Valentine or winter scene in the bay window, something you can enjoy over the winter months, I redo my front window for every holiday.
the table I would add some candles, or ever a lamp, maybe a nice set-up of what you collect, like a bowl full of fillers, or even horse stautes

simple~needs said...

the table/buffet would look great with something larger on it. maybe a lamp off to one side?? than some prim goodies. i think your shelf ( on the wall)needs to be bigger. it looks small .or maybe its just the pic.
the bay window- is it big enough to set in? i would add some throw pillows if it is.

Unknown said...

Your home has great potential.. The bay window is similar to one inmy kitchen. I would either put some herb plants in it or some nice house plants in pretty pots.

I agreee the flag shelf looks too small on that wall. A wall hanging or quilt would look great there.
A lamp or large piece of country pottery would look good on the table. Go to the Thrift store...

Tammy said...

My house is lookin the same way Heather. I just hate to put away all the decorations. I have alot of empty spaces to fill. Makes me wonder what was there before I put out the decorations.

I have an award for you at The Olde Hollow Crow.

daisyjane said...

I love your chicken quilt that is hanging on the wall! Did you make it? If you lived closer, I'd be happy to share some houseplants with you. I am about to divide some of mine.

Kit said...

My house looks the same way. I think this must mean I need to get busy on my sewing machine and fix this with a few new prims around the house. BTW, Your house is adorable!