Monday, November 24, 2008

Sewing Room Reveal






It's been months in the making but we are now finished..I am so excited to share with ya'll today! I still have to find storage for some craft items but most is put away. DH has built a wall where there was none before and added a door..We have painted a nice shade of yellow..still need to find some curtains for the window..You can tell how yucky it is outside..lol..I now have space for my quilt table to unfold in the middle of the room and notice my new sewing machine wall..The cabinet holds all of my fabric still but I have the addition of cable T.V. for my fav. shows. We found a home for the futon on the wall for guests..still need to hang some things today. OH and Please notice my NEW carpet..DH bought it from work many months ago, the color is a mixed Blue and looks nice with the Yellow walls..they are carpet tiles that you stick down..very nice and easy to clean! We hope to be able to put up a drop ceiling some time in the future.

Sorry that the pics are dark and grainy..Very yucky day mixed with an old camera..lol..

Can you see/think of any more storage ideas? I'd love some shelves above the quilt table one day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great room! I would love to have something like that. Looks great.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

How great to have your own room. I have a craft room and it looks like a disaster area! I could use any ideas for storage. That's my problem.

Anonymous said...

Heather this looks great. How nice to have a place for sewing and crafts. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving, janie

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

How cool to have your own space for creating and crafting!!! You and hubby did a great job!!~Wendy

basketsnprims said...

Oh, what a dream to work in there. I have a nice sized room to work in, too, but just can't seem to find the time to get organized. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
~ Pam ~

Tammy said...

Heather,
What a great room. I know you are excited about it, and Im excited too. I soooo wish I had a sewing room. WTG DH...... Y'all come on over to my house so y'all can make me a sewing room.. LOL...

Thanks for sharing. It looks great!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I am so jealous! I wish I had extra space to have a room like this. Very nice!