Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Apple Picking


G'ma Terri came over this weekend for a short visit and our First Apple Picking Day! We checked the Apples and some were ready to be picked but others need some more time in the sun. We think around the middle of the month..of course we are not really sure, first time having an apple tree (and we have 5)!

Yesterday we had a BBQ with my mom and sisters..We sat around and watched" No Reservations" and "Becoming Jane" plus we ate way to much cake!





Please help me out and send me your Apple Recipes..I'm going to attempt to make a pie, applesauce and hopefully Apple Butter...and with 5 trees...I better get cracking!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Good morning, Heather!
Thanks for your comments on my blog... you are entered!
Thanks also for your interest in my little stitcherie! That particular one has already been committed to a swap, but I have another just like in the works... was gonna be for me, but now it can be for you :) I would love to make a trade!
I'll have it done in a day or two and be in touch, unless I hear from you first!

Blessings, Kimberly

Unknown said...

Wow, apple picking time already? I can't believe fall is upon us already!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the book giveaway...good luck in the drawing!

Blessings,
Brandi

SAH in Suburbia said...

You are so blessed to have apples! That's a definite sign of fall.....I'm impressed with your ambition. I have yet to master the perfect apple pie.

Awesome Mom said...

http://www.recipezaar.com/24414

That is an amazing apple pie! Have fun!