Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Whatcha Working on Wednesday


I joined Leslie's http://sweets-mycountryhome.blogspot.com/ Whatcha Working on Wednesday posts...I'm excited to see what everyone is up too! I'm going to have to post a pic later because Blogger wont let me post a pic right now for some reason...How irratating!!

I'm working on my Fireplace Mantle..it's an ever changing project..LOL right now I have Americana up and I wanted to show a pic...Hopefully later I can do this. My fireplace is a very odd shaped one...I have one bookcase on one side and then a little niche on the other before you enter the hallway...in the niche I have put a phone table and a lamp...not sure what else to put there and on the bookcase I have most of our family photo's and then the kids coloring books and whatnots. It's very messy on their shelf...LOL...

okay, pic is now up...Sorry it's so dark! It's so hard to grab a good photo in here...dark brick and poor lighting.

6 comments:

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

It looks great!! I love americana!!! Thanks for sharing!!~Wendy

Leslie said...

I love it. I love Americana :)

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a great fireplace! Looks so patriotic - perfect for this week.

hugs, Linda
PS I took part too!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I love the brickwork, great colors for americana.
It is very season appropriate and your niche/nook is adorable. Your curtain or blind is very nice. I like it alot.

Cottage Rose said...

I like the Americana look, very appropriate for the 4th. The fireplace is very nice, and the nook is nice too. Put a photo when you redo it please I would love to see how it comes out.

Hugs;
Alaura

~*Marie*~ said...

I love your mantle..it is so pretty and all the stuff...did you make it all yourself...I love americana!