Friday, October 17, 2008

Bookworm Friday

In the wake of his bestselling Christmas Jars comes a sweetly crafted story from Wright, a Virginia businessman. Jack and Laurel Cooper are two hardworking, loving Christian pillars of the community who die in each other's arms one night in the bed-and-breakfast that they own and operate. The event calls their three grown children home for the funeral, including their youngest son, a fugitive from the law who must face an outstanding warrant for his arrest and confront his one true love, now engaged to another man. As events unfold around the funeral, the three children discover a treasure trove of family history in the form of Wednesday letters-notes that Jack wrote to his wife every single week of their married lives. As they read, the children brush across the fabric of a devoted marriage that survived a devastating event kept secret all these years. It's a lovely story: heartening, wholesome, humorous, suspenseful and redemptive. It resonates with the true meaning of family and the life-healing power of forgiveness all wrapped up in a satisfying ending.

I just started this book last night, wrapped up in a quilt with my sleepy-time tea..It grabbed my attention on the first couple of pages and I was reluctant to put it down. I'll have to come back and add my Booknotes after I have finished this. If you have already read it, was it as well written as the reviews say?

2 comments:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

WOW! That sounds like such a good book! Please let us know what you think when you are finished reading it. I may have to look that one up!
Have a great weekend Heather!

Cottage Rose said...

Heather; that sounds like a book I would love. I have not found a great book to read in a long time. I will have to go and look for this book.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs;
Alaura