Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Whatcha Working On Wed.


I Love Freecycle! We needed a dresser for A's room but the ones that I really wanted were so pricey, so after being offered an old dresser from a nice Freecycler, I ran with the truck and grabbed it..it's in VERY USED shape and I was sad at the state of this dresser, not what I had in mind for A's room but after staring at it..DH says..I can work with this!! So out comes the sander and a trip to Wal-Mart for White spray paint! After sanding it down with the help of A.. DH began to spray paint..only to find that the paint was too thin and not covering the dresser like it should..so today I need to go back and get some plain white paint and have a painting party. A is really excited, now she doesn't have to share a dresser with Sissy! I'm looking for some adorable drawer pulls in the shabby chic look-alike. A is really the princess in the family!

We are working in the barn today, Since the horses have been out to pasture the cobwebs have taken over and little things have moved in..It's a rainy cloudy day and now muddy..We have alot of work ahead of us to get ready for winter!





Yesterday I received my prize that I won awhile back...Sadly the bowl broke in shipment. I adore that Americana plate and the candles smell so nice.. Thanks so Much !

8 comments:

Juanita said...

Heather love your gift. I'm sorry your bowl was broken.I hope the dresser turns out great. Have a blessed day!

basketsnprims said...

I love your gift, too. That's too bad about the bowl. Your little girl will have such a nice dresser when you are finished.

Pam

JenW!~ said...

Can't wait to see the dresser when finshied. Too bad about your bowl but the rest of it looks great.

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Cant wait to see the dresser finished up. sorry about your bowl, let us see how you display your goodies!

Scoti said...

The post office must be ran by apes...I swear... I am sorry would you like me to ship you another one? I'm sorry... :( I think I have a couple more of them..:) I am excited to see your daughters dresser....

Leslie said...

What great goodies. I'm sorry about the bowl :( Glue it back together and just turn the crack around. Cracks work good with old, Prim stuff :)

That's a great dresser! I'm so happy that you knew you could do something with it. Most people see something in bad shape and just toss it. Paint really can change something! Jeremy wanted to toss the dresser Aften uses because it looked bad but it was sturdy and with some paint, it had a whole new look and now it fits in perfectly!

I checked out Freecycle daily for quite a while. I got rid of a lot of stuff but didn't have very much luck with getting anything. I was always too late for the good stuff.

Have a great night!

Leslie

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Can't wait to see how the dresser comes out! I remember when I was looking for used dressers and was so amazed at the price they were bringing!!!! VERY pricey!!!!! But I'm sure this will be a great finished project for you!

Cora

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Awwww, sorry about the broken bowl! But the other thigns are awesome too! Love that plate!
I think the dresser will look great when you are done. It has nice simple lines that will work great with prim or with shabby chic.
Have a great day!