Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Whatcha Working On Wed.






When we bought the house one of the things we feel in love with was the built in bookcase, It is such a small room so I also have my computer in here. It is untouched..as in no decorating as begun is here YET!! It is BLAH..so today I'm making it my mission to make it pretty! I'm organizing the books, the majority of them are my DH's but look on top..my prized book collection..NANCY DREWS!! I have the original series from 1-54..I'm always on the hunt for the rest of the series in the original yellow binding..these were my mom's and she passed them on to me..then my Aunt mailed me her series..so I have 2 incomplete series 1-50somthing...I re-read these every summer..We think that the ugly green wall stuff is original to the house to..wonder is I could paint over it? Anywhos...I'm looking for ideas for this small space..I know ya'll have some...share..lol..

I had mail love yesterday..VocalPoint sent me 4 StarKist coupons to share..$1.00 off a StarKist Tuna Pouch. If you'd like one please mail me your addy and I'll get this mailed off to ya.

I also saved $20.00 on my grocery shopping trip with my coupons..WOW..I'm now trying to see if I can beat that..lol..

Have a Great Wed. I'm running to Goodwill and some Thrift to see what I can do for this room!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Vocalpoint! I got the same coupons the other day along with the new Gillete Razor and lots of coupons. Post photos after you get done decorating

basketsnprims said...

You are such a smart shopper. Good luck with your room today. That's a great book collection.

Pam

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Heather,

Built in book shelves are wonderful, aren't they? My hubby built ours quite a few years ago...and it quickly filled up!

Now I'll be on the look out for the yellow covered Nancy Drew books. Which ones are you needing?

Have fun thrift shopping!

Tammy

Leslie said...

Your room has lots of potential and I'm sure you'll have a fun time decorating... How I wish I had an empty space to decorate but I kind of took care of that a long time ago! I mean, if you can't tell, I don't like to leave a space alone or an item! LOL

Have a wonderful day :)

Leslie

{lauren} said...

Hi Heather..I saw your blog on Leslie's Whatcha Workin' On Wednesday & just love it:) I can't wait to see how you decorate your shelves..I bet they'll turn out great! And what a neat book collection you have! Hope you have a great day! <3Lauren

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Love the built-in bookcases too! How neat that you ahve the Nacy Drew books. I hope you will complete at least one set. But wouldn't it be great if you finished both sets?
Have a great week!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I'll have to check out Vocal Point!
What treasure's those books must be!

Kim said...

Those Nancy Drew books caught my attention as soon as I opened your page! I am soooo jealous. Read them all as a kid,but only have a couple copies now. Nice blog.